GETTING READY TO MOVE
Being prepared helps make your move an easier and much more pleasant experience. Hopefully, these suggestions will help you organize your days.
- Notify all utilities of disconnection/connection dates. Two weeks notice is ideal.
|Light, water and sewer
- Cancel and re-order home services, i.e. milk delivery, dry cleaning, newspaper, diaper service, magazine subscriptions, house cleaners, etc.
- Prepare a list of friends, relatives, business accounts, and arrange to send "Change of Address" cards to all. Be sure to include:
- Post Office
- Sask Motor Vehicle Registration
- All insurance companies, fire, life, auto
- Family Allowance Office
- Bank/Finance Companies
- Credit card and charge accounts
- Medical, dental and optical offices
- Stock Broker
- Arrange school transfer and student information transfer.
- Transfer trust and/or bank accounts. Arrange a letter of introduction to establish new accounts.
- Order new blank cheques with your new address on them.
- Cancel or transfer social, athletic, civic or religious memberships and all your community-based memberships.
- Arrange for cleaning, servicing and possible storage for furs, RV equipment, appliances, certain pieces of furniture, etc.
- Arrange for care and safety of pets during move.
- Obtain a supply of moving boxes and set up a marking system for box placement into various rooms at your new home.
- Your solicitor will be contacting you to finalize documentation.
- Final Inspection
- All meters must be read
- Turn down furnace; air conditioning off
- All lights off
- Doors and windows shut and locked
- Discontinue telephone service
- Alarm system disconnected
Moving Day Box!
- First aid kit
- Instant tea, coffee and juices for children, plus snacks
- Paper towels, J cloths, kleenex and toilet paper
- Kitchen and bathroom cleaners
- Toys and books for small children
- Pet food
- Hand soap and towels
- Hammer, pliers and screwdriver
- Light bulbs
- Garbage bags
- Camera and film
- Portable radio
Have needed maintenance, house repairs, or minor work pre-arranged if possible at your new home.
Please contact me if I can be of further assistance to you in planning and carrying out your move. Have a little fun and enjoy your new home.
"Working With You"